Friday, July 12, 2013

SUMMER OF SEX & VOODOO

     RITES, the latest Bedtime for Robots release which is now being widely distributed as a full length Mp3 album (however, you can also purchase the tracks separately), is a celebration of both the flesh and the spirit through the medium of digital touch-screen music technology. I spent the past several months, as winter slowly dissolved into an overcast sea of heat and humidity, sitting in the moon room of the Log Cabin each night with a bottle of Chilean Carmenere wine and my Iphone and/or newly acquired Ipad in hand, Sennheiser headphones wrapped around my shaved melon, and candles and incense burning all about the cabin. At night, when properly candle-lit, the 60 year-old cabin resembles the quintessential "cabin in the woods" depicted in various horror films and can cast some pretty ominous shadows, a perfect backdrop for a dark ambient obsessed soundscape artist.






 With my mind properly lubricated, images of writhing, praying, naked bodies, danced in my head while the rest of the cabin's inhabitants (my girl, her 5 year-old daughter, and two cats) were nestled in their snug little beds. My several years worth of piled up books on the occult, witchcraft, voodoo, and other various ancient religions laid the groundwork for the ritualistic imagery, brought to aural life by pulsating sequencers, tribal drum and bass samples, backward voices, and melodic, vintage synthesizer sounds. I wanted to create an album that would evoke dark sexual imagery as well as provide a soundtrack for night drives through desert highway rampages. I believe that RITES delivers on both accounts and I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I enjoyed creating it. The album is slated to be available through countless media outlets including Itunes, X-Box Music, Spotify, Pandora, E-Music, etc. As of today, I know it is available for under 8 bucks at Amazon.com, and even cheaper at CDbaby.com. You can also check it out, along with the vast majority of the Bedtime for Robots catalog at LastFM.



1. We Bleed for the Sake of Bleeding
2. Lucifer Slam
3. The Possession Will Be Televised
4. Sweet Lamblood
5. Loa in the Trees
6. Rites
7. World to Come
8. Walpurgis Night

all songs written, performed, recorded, mixed and mastered by Michael Ferentino copyright 2013




1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    We follow eachother on Twitter, so I figured I'd check out your page. I like it a lot. I was going to follow you, but you only have the google + option, so I added you to friends.

    come talk horror films over at my page,

    http://grimmreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete